Arnie’s work combines behavioral health expertise with innovative methods to evaluate narrow and system-wide interventions as well as to develop new insights on individual- and population-level substance use phenomena. He has over 15 years of experience studying related health issues both in the community and within the healthcare system. His analytic solutions draw on economics, statistical modeling, and mixed methods; he has applied them to problems at the scale of a small health services provider up to problems faced by national-level programs.
It’s often difficult to assess the impact and value of initiatives implemented outside of a controlled study; my most satisfying work has been finding innovative ways to demonstrate an initiative really works while maintaining scientific rigor.
Areas of Expertise:
- Data Analytics
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
- Program Implementation and Evaluation
- Behavioral Health Policy
- Multidisciplinary Solutions in Health Care
- Pharmacotherapy and Medication Adherence
- PhD, Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MS, Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- BA, Economics, Roanoke College