Vanessa’s work focuses on the design and evaluation of mass media campaigns and strategic health messages, particularly in the context of preventive care and disease treatment. During her time at RTI, Vanessa has led process and outcome evaluations for national mass media campaigns; she also has conducted numerous studies to examine consumer and physician perceptions and understanding of pharmaceutical marketing to inform regulatory decision-making.
Using theories from a variety of disciplines helps me identify the key factors that shape behavior in order to make strategic decisions about marketing messages and audience segmentation.
Areas of Expertise:
- Persuasion and Social Influence
- Strategic Communication Planning and Evaluation
- Survey Development and Analysis
- Experimental Research Design
- PhD, University of Maryland
- MA, University of Minnesota
- BA, University of Minnesota